Are you tired of having dry, cracked skin in the winter? Keeping your skin hydrated is more difficult in the cold winter months.
“Low humidity and windy environments, which is what we are exposed to in winter, accelerate this water loss through the skin. Water loss is further accelerated by direct heat that blows on the skin, which is what happens when we turn on heaters in the car and at home. So, skin often dries out during winter because of the environmental changes we are exposed to and the things we do to try to keep warm.”, says Michelle Rodrigues from The Conversation.
People sometimes notice that their skin becomes more susceptible to dryness as they age. This is because the water content of the outermost layer of the skin (stratum corneum) decreases with age.”, says Rodrigues.
Below are five tips to reduce wintertime dry skin:
- Formula 2 Skin Care Cream is a powerful over-the-counter moisturizer and barrier cream for dry, cracked, irritated, or itchy skin and is recommended by doctors and nurses.
- Apply sunscreen
- Just because it is winter time does not mean you are not getting sun! Apply sunscreen on skin 30 minutes before going out into the sun, regardless of what time of year it is.
- Avoid wet clothing
- Specifically avoid wet sleeves and socks. Cold, wet clothing can irritate and chap your skin.
- Invest in a humidifier for home and/or office
- This will put humidity back into the dry winter air.
- Don’t take super hot showers/baths
- Use lukewarm water instead to reduce dry skin. Make sure to moisturize your entire body with Formula 2 Skin Care cream after your bath/shower.